The Wandering Reel is run entirely on the shoulders of passionate people who believe in our cause and love motion pictures. If you'd like to contribute your time and skills, please email Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the team and hit the ground running. Below you'll find specific areas in which we are looking for support, but we are interested in hearing from people with all types of skills and areas of interest.
Outreach & Development Intern: Wandering Reel Traveling Film Festival
The Wandering Reel* is in search of a social media guru who loves film and the power of cinema to effect positive change in the world to serve as Outreach & Development Intern. This position is perfect for a student or recent graduate eager to have an active and important role in the development of a uniquely crafted film festival. We're looking for someone who supports our cause, loves motion pictures and knows the ins and outs of social media and enjoys doing it. Here are a few highlights of the position:
- Manage the Wandering Reel on the web through social networking sites including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Google+
- Make daily posts to keep WRTFF active on the web & help grow our network
- Manage and update www.wanderingreel.org as the festival grows and develops
- Build our community by connecting to like-minded groups, organizations, film festivals and individuals on the web & beyond
- Assist in the collection of email contacts and the monthly creation & distribution of our newsletter
- Act as media Liaison
- Outreach to potential donors and sponsors for fundraising & festival development
- Perhaps, most importantly: play an active role in crafting and communicating the Wandering Reel voice to better align our mission with what’s happening in the communities we serve
Letters of interest should be sent to our director, Michael Harrington at email@example.com.
*Wandering Reel is developed and managed in conjunction with WeStrive, a 501c3 non-profit.